Cycling breaks in southern Andalucia
Fabulous cycling in La Alpujarra – one of the most beautiful parts of Spain.
An abundance of cycle routes
La Alpujarra, on the lower slopes of the Sierra Nevada, Andalucía, has a breathtaking variety of scenery. Enjoy quiet, often traffic-free country roads, the purest mountain air – with the warm Andalucían sun on your back.
Take in gorges, valleys and routes through beautiful Moorish villages or to the coast and back, before returning to the house to relax in your own private oasis. Bring your own bike or hire one locally.
`It’s the perfect house for a group in an amazing location. We spent a week mountain biking in the Sierra Nevada.´
Siegfried and friends (Germany) – July 2019
Great bikes – delivered to the door
We’ve teamed up with a professional, well-established company:
- good-quality, fully-maintained bikes
- choose road or mountain bikes
- bikes delivered to Almond Hill House
- models include Tarmac SL4 Elite (Specialized) and BMC TEAMMACHINE SLR01
- route guidance – with maps
- bike hire from 20€ a day (based on 7-day hire)
`The ultimate ride to Pico de Veleta at 3300m on the highest paved road in Europe – loved it!´
Ross and friends (Australia) – October 2017
Flexibility to suit your needs
Enjoy complete control over your cycle break:
- choose when to come – no set dates
- come in a small or larger group
- airport transfers (if required)
- arrive to a full fridge and pantry
- hiking (guided if necessary) and horse riding optional activities
`Ilkley Cycle Club members found the area stunning – fabulous road surfaces and little traffic´
Alizon and friends – October 2017
All the comfort you need – in a great location
There’s plenty of space to relax at Almond Hill House:
- two acres of private grounds with stunning mountain views
- five double/twin en-suite bedrooms, plus two singles
- wi-fi throughout
- a modern, fully-equipped kitchen
- rural yet near town for bars and restaurants
- Granada and the Alhambra less than an hour away
`We left wanting more and are enriched from the experience.´
Moorhouse Marauders cycling group – October 2017
Prices and guest numbers
Almond Hill House consists of the main house and the Jasmine room annex (providing an extra en-suite bedroom, if required). The ideal number of guests for a cycling break is between 6 and 10, depending on your preference for single-occupied or twin/double rooms. We suggest the Jasmine room annex is hired for guest numbers between 6 and 10.
See our prices and availability.
Información y precios (€) en español
Informations et tarifs (€) en français
Find out more about cycling breaks
Please contact us using the form below.