At Almond Hill House we respect your privacy, and aim to comply with the latest data protection regulations. This policy explains how we collect and handle data relating to website visitors, enquiries and making a booking. Please note that this policy may be altered in the future. It was last updated December 2020.
Who collects the information?
The information is being collected by Almond Hill House. We can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
How do we collect information?
Information can be collected in the following ways:
• If you contact us via our online enquiry form
• If you enter into correspondence with Almond Hill House (eg to make a booking)
Almond Hill House does not take online bookings.
What information is collected?
Guest information is collected at different stages of a booking:
• For enquiries: we will only collect the minimum information required (name, email address and telephone number) for the purposes of being able to contact you and make an accurate record of any booking.
• If a booking contract is issued: names of all guests (and ages of any children and/or infants) must be supplied. Note: only the contact details of the ‘Person in charge of booking’ need to be supplied.
• On arrival at the property: passport details of the ‘Person in charge of booking’ will be taken (photo of passport ID page).
• On arrival at the property: details of all guests – including passport number, nationality and date of birth – are recorded on a form (this is a requirement of Spain’s Guardia Civil). This can be supplied prior to arrival.
How is your data used?
When you contact us, your data is only used for the correspondence and booking purposes. We will not pass your contact details and other personal data to a third party. (We will only pass on your details to a third party with your written consent (eg to arrange a chef to prepare a meal at the property.)
Following any enquiry and/or booking, we will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message in the future.
Following a booking, some data will be used for internal record keeping (eg for the accounts that we are legally obliged to maintain).
The security of your information
When details such as your name and email address are submitted via a contact form or email, this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Almond Hill House does not take online bookings. Because of this, we do not store or process credit card details or debit card details on our system.
When paying by direct bank transfer to our bank account, we are only able to see certain details of a guest’s account (eg name and/or account number).
Website date and cookies
Anonymous data (relating to your computer/device, not to you personally) is collected whenever someone visits one of our web pages. This uses the Google Analytics service.
A cookie is a small file sent to your computer’s hard drive by a web page that you visit. Cookies allow web applications to recognise your device (not you personally) as you move from one page on the site to another, or if you revisit the site within a certain period of time. If you express a preference on a web page, for instance, that preference can then be recalled in the future. A cookie in no way gives us access to other files on your computer or to any other of your device’s functions.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, you can usually modify your browser settings to decline or block cookies if you prefer.
The following indicates which cookies we are using and what they do.
Google Analytics: Purpose – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that some functions of the website might become inoperable. If you use the Internet Explorer browser, find out more info HERE. If you use Firefox, see the information HERE. If you are using Safari, see HERE.
Your right to restriction
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
• If you do not want Google Analytics to compile anonymous statistics about the interaction between your device and our website, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add On.
Your right to be forgotten
Data will only be stored for as long as it is needed. Unnecessary data will be erased.
If we hold records of your personal data and we become aware of a data breach, we will endeavour to inform you of this within 72 hours.
Users under 18 years of age
Any user under 18 years of age must have their parents’/guardians’ consent to use our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Acceptance of these terms