Trail and ultra running in Andalucia
Almond Hill House is a restored, 200-year-old farmhouse set in two acres of olive groves – located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, Spain.
The perfect location
Looking for the perfect location to explore the Sierra Nevada on an active holiday? The landscape, climate, wildlife and cultural history of La Alpujarra combine to create one of the most exciting and unique trail running arenas in the whole of Europe.
Whether you’re keen to give your marathon training a high-altitude boost, or seeking long challenging days to prepare you for your next ultra marathon, you’ll find you the perfect trails to match your ambition.
Matt, our local running guide, has over 10 years’ experience running trail races and ultra marathons and worked as a National Park Ranger before moving to Spain.
You’re in control
Holidays can be tailored to your exact requirements, for example in terms of number of miles per day, and number of running days per week. They can also include things like active rest days, walking in the hills to aid recovery whilst staying active and seeing more of this beautiful area.
- choose when to come – no set dates
- come in a small or larger group
- airport transfers (if required)
- arrive to a full fridge and pantry
- private chef can provide meals
- hiking, water sports and horse riding optional activities
Accommodation and facilities
What better way to relax than at Almond Hill House with its gardens, terraces, nooks and crannies, with plenty of space for privacy.
- two acres of private grounds with stunning mountain views
- five double/twin en-suite bedrooms, plus two singles
- wi-fi throughout
- air-conditioning and central heating
- a modern, fully-equipped kitchen
- a truly unique place – not an identikit ‘villa’
- large pool (10m x 5m) and a wooden space (45 sqm) for yoga/ping pong
Rural yet near town
Unlike some rural properties, Almond Hill House is near to an amazing array of shops, bars and restaurants – within walking distance. The local town is vibrant all year round with great supermarkets, fishmongers and organic/health choices.
- local bar, 10-minute walk
- local bar/restaurant, 13-minute walk
- wide varierty of places to eat: North African, Italian, Argentinian – and of course traditional Spanish restaurants
- flights from various UK and non-UK airports to Málaga (90 minute drive) and from London City, Gatwick, Manchester (and other non-UK) airports to Granada (55 minute drive)